ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 FAQ
Everything you need to know about ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0
ISTQB Foundation Level (CTFL) 4.0 is the current version of the software tester certification that is a prerequisite for all other ISTQB certifications. Here are answers to commonly asked questions about the ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 certification and exam.
- How is ISTQB Foundation Level (CTFL) 4.0 different than the previous version? The new CTFL 4.0 body of knowledge is based on a complete, deep redesign, integrating the most recent Agile concepts. It also include the basics of software testing, of course, but now it includes some of the newest approaches based on recent advances in software testing.
- Does this replace the ISTQB Agile Tester certification? No, the foundation level ISTQB Agile Tester will continue to be offered because it includes more expansive Agile testing information than the new CTFL 4.0.
- If I already have ISTQB Foundation Level certification, do I need to take the version 4.0 exam? Your existing Foundation Level certification is valid and never expires. You may wish to consider taking the version 4.0 exam to prove that you have the latest knowledge, but we recommend that you instead use your resources and time to take other ISTQB Certification exams that expand or advance your proven knowledge and skills such as ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst, ISTQB Agile Testing, ISTQB Performance Testing, and so forth. There are many great options that will strengthen your software testing career.
- Where should I register for the ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 exam? You should register for your ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 exam through AT*SQA at https://atsqa.org/purchase because by doing so you will get extra, free benefits, such as appearing on not just the ISTQB successful candidate register, but also the Official U.S. List of Certified & Credentialed Software Testers™ as well as the AT*Work™ list of testers available for hire. Plus, you will earn Testing Tiers® points that increase your level in the Official U.S. List and AT*Work.
- What is the ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 exam structure? Like the previous version, the ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 exam has 40 questions that are to be answered in 60 minutes. If you attest (affirm) to AT*SQA that English is not your first (native) language, you are eligible for a time extension of 25% (15 minutes).
Download the ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 syllabus and sample exam questions & answers and register for the ISTQB Foundation Level 4.0 exam right now. When you purchase your ISTQB exam through AT*SQA, you have up to 365 day to take your exam, allowing for great flexibility and lots of time for you to prepare.