The Information AT*SQA Collects
The information we collect from you depends upon your interaction with our Website, which is detailed more fully below:
- If you choose to register for an exam for ISTQB, ASTQB, or AT*SQA certification with us, we may have you purchase an exam voucher. If you are purchasing an examination for yourself, we collect your first name, last name, country, address, job title, city, company name, state or province, telephone number, postal code, email address, whether you intend to take an online exam, electronic exam via an exam center or a pre-scheduled exam, your exam voucher selection, whether you qualify for extended test time, and we will ask you to opt in to whether you want your name to be listed on the ASTQB/ATSQA websites as certified, should you pass your exam, or whether you wish to be listed on the ISTQB website as certified, if you pass that exam. In conjunction with registering for an exam, unless you are taking a pre-scheduled examination, you will be directed to our third party service provider Kryterion Webassessor to select a test center location and then on to our third party payment processor to process any required payment, which will include collection of the cardholder's name, billing address, payment card details, telephone number, and email address.
- If you happen to be registering multiple people to take an examination on behalf of a group, we will collect first name, last name, country, address, job title, city, company name, state or province, telephone number, postal code, email address, whether you intend to take an online exam, electronic exam via an exam center or a pre-scheduled exam, your exam voucher selections. You will also be directed to our third party payment processor to process payment for the tests, including the cardholder's name, billing address, payment card details, telephone number, and email address. Once the transaction is completed, you will be provided with a voucher code for each examination. Each exam taker will have to create their own account with us and will need to provide us with a voucher code to complete their registration.
- If you register for an account on the AT*SQA Website, we will collect your email address and password. An automatically generated email will be sent to you, which contains a verification code that you will be prompted to enter to complete this verification step. Once you log into your account, you have the option to schedule an exam, to view your certificates, your transactions, or to update your account. If you need to purchase a voucher code, we will collect the information as detailed in the first bullet point above. If you already have a voucher code, we will collect the information necessary to update your account as detailed in this section. As a new user, you may or may not have any certifications or transactions listed. If you choose the "Update My Account" option, you will be directed to another web page within our Website, where you can update your contact information, which includes your first name, last name, country, address, job title, city, company name, state/province, telephone number, and postal code. You can add and edit any email address you link to your account. We also enable you to update your password from this page, if you desire. The information you provide in your contact information will be utilized when you register for an examination.
- Should you choose to select the "Contact Us" hyperlink on the Website, you will be re-directed to a contact form on the Website. On this form, we will collect a selection from you regarding the topic of your communication, your name, email address and whatever information you choose to provide us in the message.
- When you send us written correspondence via U.S. mail, we will collect your name, telephone number, address, and any other information, to the extent you provide it to us in your letter, for purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- Our Website includes an instant message popup, which allows you to ask us a question and based upon keywords in your question, our artificial intelligence bot will direct you to the appropriate part of our Frequently Asked Questions web page in an effort to help answer your question.
- In connection with any test you choose to register for and take, we collect your scoring information and any other information that is pertinent to the particular examination.
- To prevent fraud, for all exams, we may request that you prove your identity by providing a governmental or other acceptable photo identification. For online exams, the system will photograph you and record you while you take the exam.
AT*SQA Use of the Information It Collects
AT*SQA uses the information it collects from you as outlined below:
- When you register for an account and/or an examination for certification, you must create an account and we collect the information we request in creating an account on our Website to complete the registration for your account, to arrange for your examination in accordance with your registration choices, and to contact you with information relevant to your chosen test site, test day information, procedures, examination results, to administer any customer service requested by you, to maintain information about and verify any certification status to third parties, in accordance with your choices, and to provide you information that is relevant to you about your certification. The information you provide to our third party payment processor, in connection with purchasing a voucher code, is used to complete the sales transaction with you. Where you choose to opt-in and pass your certification examination for ISTQB or ASTQB, we use your information to list you in the applicable organization's directory.
- When you register multiple people to take an examination, we use the information that we collect from you to facilitate the sales transaction for the requested number of voucher codes and we associate those voucher codes with that individual for purposes of being able to render customer service.
- The information you provide to our third party payment processor, in connection with purchasing a voucher code, is used to complete the sales transaction with you.
- If a voucher code has already been purchased for you, we will ask you to create an account on our Website. The information we collect in connection with your registration will be used to establish your account, to arrange for your examination in accordance with your registration choices, and to contact you with information relevant to your chosen test site, test day information, procedures, examination results, to administer any customer service requested by you, to maintain information about and verify any certification status to third parties, in accordance with your choices, and to provide you information that is relevant to your certification and maintaining such certification. Where you choose to opt-in and pass your certification examination for ISTQB or ASTQB, we use and provide your information to the applicable organization so you can be listed in accordance with your preferences on the organization's website.
- The information we collect from you in connection with registering for an account or taking an examination is maintained in our customer relationship database and in the exam systems of our exam service providers.
- We may use the information we maintain in our customer relationship database to send you promotional and marketing related emails from AT*SQA. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by following the instructions included at the bottom of each such communication.
- We may use the information we collect through the purchase checkout process including your opt-in or opt-out selection to send you an email if you visit our website and begin but do not complete a purchase transaction.
The AT*SQA Website utilizes internet cookies. Internet cookies are small amounts of data that are transmitted from a web server to a user's computing device. Our Website deploys both first and third party cookies. First party cookies are cookies that are deployed by us. A third party cookie is a cookie deployed by third party service providers. We will request your consent upon your arrival at our Website to the use of these cookies. We use Google Analytics on our Website, which uses automated means to collect information about your internet browser type, computing device, network, operating system type, internet protocol address ("IP address"), the name of your internet service provider, and domains used by such provider, location information, device identifiers, device settings, web pages visited on the Website, web history, content and advertisements that you have accessed, viewed, or clicked on.
The following internet cookies are used on our Website:
|ATSQA||This is a first party cookie deployed by us and is used for purposes of tracking your preferences made on the Website and in connection with your user account. This cookie expires after one hour, unless you delete it sooner.|
|_stripe_mid||This is a third party cookies deployed by our payment provider to facilitate online payments, which expires after one-year, unless you choose to delete it sooner.|
|_stripe_sid||This is a third party cookie which is also deployed by our payment provider to allow for the completely of online transactions and expires after one hour, unless you choose to delete it sooner.|
|_ga||This is a third party Google Analytics cookie, which is used to distinguish between users and expires after two years, unless you choose to delete it sooner.|
|_gaexp||This is a third party Google Optimize cookie that is used to determine a particular user's inclusion in an experiment and the expiration of experiments the user has been used in and expires after 57 days, unless you choose to delete it sooner.|
|_gat||This is a third party Google Analytics cookie that is used to throttle request rate on our Website. This cookie expires after one minute.|
|_gid||This is a third party Google Analytics cookie that is used to collect your unique online identifier for purposes of tracking the user's usage of the website. This cookie expires after 24 hours, unless you delete it sooner.|
|MR||This is a third party cookie deployed by Bing, which facilitates the search function on our Website. This cookie expires after one hour, unless you choose to delete it sooner.|
|MR2||This is a third party cookie deployed by Bing, which facilitates the search function on our Website. This cookie expires after seven days, unless you choose to delete it sooner.|
|MUID||This is a third party cookie deployed by Bing, which facilitates the search function on our Website. This cookie expires after twenty-five days, unless you choose to delete it sooner.|
|test_cookie||This is a third party cookie set by DoubleClick (Google) for advertising purposes. The cookie expires after 15 minutes.|
You may opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use by accessing the Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out). Google Analytics also offers a plug-in for opting out web browsers, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Most internet web browsers have settings that enable a user to reject or block cookies. For more information about rejecting or blocking internet cookies, consult your internet browser's help file. Please note that blocking or rejecting cookies will cause some functionality on the Website to become inoperable.
AT*SQA's Disclosures of Information
In addition to the disclosures noted above, such as where you become certified and we pass on your information to the appropriate organization as detailed above, we will also disclose your information as set forth in this section:
Third Party Service Providers
In connection with offering our Website to you, we utilize a number of third party service providers, including data and web hosting, email, logistics and email distribution service providers, who provide services directly to us. We will disclose your information, including personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and any other information that you have provided us, to the extent relevant, to permit such third party service provider to render their services to us.
Compliance with Laws; Law Enforcement
We will disclose your information, including your personal information, to the extent necessary, as determined in our sole discretion, to comply with a legal requirements imposed upon us. We will comply with legal demands served on us, including a warrant, subpoena, or other legal demand issued by court or governmental authority in compliance with applicable law. We reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement and will disclose your information, when necessary, to protect our legal rights, health and safety, and property.
Sale of the Business
In the event that AT*SQA, or substantially all of AT*SQA's assets are sold to another business or organization, your personal information, will be included as an asset in such a sale.
Except as provided herein, we do not otherwise provide your information to third parties.
Do Not Track Signals and Requests
Some of the most common internet web browsers include functionality that enables you to provide "Do Not Track" signals or requests to websites. Our Website does not honor or otherwise recognize "Do Not Track" signals or requests because there is no defined standard for doing so.
We do not knowingly solicit or otherwise market to children under the age of 13 or that are otherwise classified as minors. To use our Website, you must be at least 16 years of age. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child that is under the age of 16, who has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details in this Policy so that we can immediately remove and destroy such information.
Third Party Websites
Our Website includes hyperlinks to third party websites, which are websites that are not owned or operated by AT*SQA. For instance, our Website includes job postings that require ISTQB/ASTQB Certification, which hyperlink to third party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies, terms of service and any other applicable documentation governing those websites prior to providing them with any information. Under no circumstances will AT*SQA be liable for any content, information, privacy, business, or hiring practices of any third party website that is linked from our Website.
Your Choices Regarding Information We Maintain About You
To the extent you have opted-in or affirmatively consented to receive a particular communication from us, you can always unsubscribe from future communications by following the instructions provided at the bottom of each such email message you receive from us. Alternatively, you may contact us directly using the contact details provided below to request removal from any promotional mailing list. If you would like to update or the information that we maintain about you, you may log into your account on our Website and select the "Update Your Account" hyperlink where you will be able to update your contact details. If you would like to delete the information we maintain about you, please contact us using the email address provided below. Be sure to include your name, email address, and sufficient details about your request so that we can carry it out or contact you for additional information.
Notice to Persons Located in the European Union ("EU")
On May 25, 2018, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") went into effect and affords data subjects located within the EU certain data rights as set forth herein. References to terms such as "controller," "personal data," "processor," and "supervisory authority" are intended to have the same meanings as set forth in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of Council of 27 April 2016.
- The controller of the personal data collected hereunder is AT*SQA, 701 South Howard Ave, Suite 106362, Tampa Florida 33606 USA.
- AT*SQA is located within the United States. Personal data provided to AT*SQA is transferred to the United States. We do not intend to transfer any personal data to any third country or international organization. If by chance, a transfer of personal data is required, we will conduct such transfer in accordance with applicable privacy laws, including use of the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the EU Commission.
- We will maintain and store your personal data only so long as is required to satisfy the purposes of collection. For example, if you register for an examination and become certified, we will maintain your information for so long as you maintain your certification so that we can confirm your certification to third parties, as requested by you.
- Where collecting certain personal data from you is a requirement in order to provide you with access to a requested Resource or in connection with your submission of a web form, that information is necessary for us to process your request. If you do not provide us with the required information, the web form will not permit you to submit your request and you will not gain access to the desired resource or function.
As an EU data subject, you have the following rights concerning your personal data:
Right of Access
You have a right to access to your personal information under the GDPR from the data controller. You have the right to request confirmation from AT*SQA, pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR, as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and to have access to that personal data. In addition, you have a right to the following information:
- The purposes of processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular, recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- Where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- The existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- Where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any information as to their source;
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance of the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to have AT*SQA, as the data controller, rectify inaccurate personal data about yourself that you have provided to us and you have the right to have incomplete personal data, completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement as provided in Article 16 of the GDPR.
Right to Erasure or Right to be Forgotten
You have a right to have AT*SQA erase your personal data if one of the following applies to the personal data: (a) the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (b) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing; (c) you object to the processing in accordance with your rights; (d) the personal data has been unlawfully processed; (e) the personal data has to be erased for compliance with an obligation under EU or member state law that the AT*SQA is subject to; or (f) the personal data has been collected in relation to an offer of information society services in accordance with Article 8(1) of the GDPR. Other exceptions may apply as set forth in Article 17 of the GDPR.
Right to Restriction
You have the right to obtain a restriction of processing from AT*SQA where one of the following applies: (a) you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling AT*SQA to verify the accuracy of your personal data; (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose to the erasure of your personal data and requests a restriction on its use instead; (c) AT*SQA no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of process, but is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or (d) You have objected to the processing, pending the verification of whether there are legitimate grounds of AT*SQA that override yours.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive personal data concerning yourself, which you have provided to AT*SQA, as the data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and you have the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from AT*SQA where the processing is based on your consent or pursuant to contract and the processing is carried out by automated means. You may also have AT*SQA transmit the data directly to another controller, where technically feasible.
Right to Object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your personal situation, at any time, to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR. You may object to processing at any time by AT*SQA for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to direct marketing. Your objection requires that AT*SQA stop processing your personal data for the direct marketing purpose.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw the consent you have provided AT*SQA, at any time, by contacting AT*SQA headquarters at the address and/or email address provided in this Privacy Statement.
Via U.S. Mail: 701 S. Howard Ave, Suite 106362
Tampa, FL 33606 USA