Improve Your Testing for Connected Devices, IoT and Mobile
Learn to test more quickly and adeptly with AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing certification.Register: AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing Certification Exam
Special Offer: $99 (normally $199!)
AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing certification puts you on the cutting edge of testing for connected devices including IoT and mobile applications.
Why do you need certification in connected devices testing? Connected devices surround you. While your mobile phone is the most obvious connected device, there are dozens of connected devices that are part of your daily life, ranging from refrigerators to tiny humidity detectors to automobiles. Anything that is capable of supporting an Internet enabled component is part of the Internet of Things (IoT) and needs the quality assurance that comes with connected devices testing.
Learn why Connected Devices Testing is so important to your company and career: "Webinar: The Importance of Connected Devices Testing."
The challenges of testing connected device are significant and growing:
- Frequency of the release cycles: Because the connected device market is so competitive, organizations race to be first- to-market with new features and capabilities. Testing has to adapt to the demands of time-to-market while also meeting the expectations of the users regarding functionality, usability and performance.
- Interoperability: Although invisible to most users, there is an expectation that applications will work across devices and that devices will work together. There is an expectation to be able to easily and automatically transfer data between devices, and to use the same applications from any device.
AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing certification is the perfect complement for your ISTQB and ASTQB software testing certifications. AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing certification:
- Is important for everyone who works to create quality connected devices, mobile applications and software related to the Internet of Things (IoT). There is no prerequisite, so anyone that works with connected devices can take advantage of this certification - it's not just for full-time software testers.
- Adds you to the Official U.S. List of Certified Testers™ used by American employers. (While it's not important to American employers, if you wish to also appear on the ISTQB SCR, you must pass one of the ISTQB certification exams offered by AT*SQA.)
- Is designed to be ISO 17024 compliant for those requiring it, which includes many corporate, federal, state, non-profit and other organizations, via our flexible, no-hassle recertification that helps you and your team automatically stay up to date.
Who Needs AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing?
Everyone who participates in creating quality connected devices, mobile devices and applications, or IoT software should have AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing certification. The quality of connected device hardware and software is the responsibility of everyone who is part of the team, not just those with titles such as Software Tester or QA Analyst.
The roles include everyone who is involved in making the software and hardware before it reaches production, not just full-time testers, which includes:
- Product managers
- Business analysts
- Product owners
- Quality assurance testers
- Software engineers
- Agile teams
- Usability consultants
Connected Devices testing requires diverse skillsets, perspectives, experiences and roles, and AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing certification is designed for all members of your team.
AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing Body of Knowledge
Below is an outline of the AT*ConnectedDevices body of knowledge..
Introduction to Testing Connected Devices
- What is a Connected Device
- What is a Connected Device Application?
- Expectations from Connected Device Users
- Challenges for Testers
- Necessary Skills
- Equipment Requirements
- Lifecycle Models 12
Test Planning and Design
- Identify Functions and Attributes
- Identify and Assess Risks
- Determine Coverage Goals
- Determine Test Approach
- Identify Test Conditions and Set Scope
- Regression Testing
Quality Characteristics for Connected Device Testing
- Functional Testing
- Non-Functional Testing
Environments and Tools
- Environments and Protocols
- Specific Application-Based Environment Considerations
- Real Devices, Simulators, Emulators and the Cloud
- Performance Test Tools and Support
- Test Automation
The Internet of Things
- The Nature of The Internet of Things
- Risks and Benefits of the IoT.
- IoT Implementations
- IoT Protocols and Environments
- Unique Testing Approaches and Techniques Needed for the IoT
- The Role of Test Tools in the IoT
- Expect Rapid Growth
- Build for Change
- Plan for the Future
- Anticipating the Future
Exam Format: AT*SQA Connected Devices Testing
The exam consists of 40 questions. Test takers have 90 minutes to complete the exam. Note: If English is not your native language, you qualify for a time extension of 25%, so you will have 113 minutes in that case.Register for the AT*SQA Connected Devices Certification Exam
Questions About AT*SQA Exams?
We're happy to assist with any of your questions. Start with our helpful FAQ and then contact us if you still need assistance.
Learn about flexible recertification options so you can demonstrate ongoing competency.
Don't miss the latest news on software testing certifications! Subscribe to the free AT*SQA email newsletter.